Is this YLOD?

[Released: 2006] The PS3 was the first console to use Blu-ray Disc as its primary storage medium. In September 2009 the updated PlayStation 3 Slim, was released. A further refined Super Slim design was also released.

/p3
Corporate

Is this YLOD?

Post by /p3 »

Hey guys so i got a free 40gb PlayStation 3 from my dad's friend, the console is in great shape, I opened it up, replaced the thermal paste, jailbroke it, but now it's giving me an odd error, Everytime I turn it on I get the YLOD, but it's not immediate like it should be, it happens after 3/4s, before the console displays any image, it also ylods if I instantly play a game after turning it on, it's like I need to wait for the console to "warm up" so I decided to make a test, left Red dead redemption running for 7 hours straight, CPU and GPU temps didn't reach above 67c, turned the console off, today I turned it on, and it instantly worked! Thought that was odd, left it off for 4 hours, turned it back on, it worked! Maybe it was a bad connection inside the chip and the heat from leaving the console running for 7 hours straight made the solder get back into place? Anyone else had this issue before? Is it really dying?

submitted by /u/Falco1211
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “PlayStation 3 Forum”