Samurai Shodown’s Season 1 DLC characters have been revealed

Forum for any and all console games.

SRK
Too Cool for Ghouls

Samurai Shodown’s Season 1 DLC characters have been revealed

Post by SRK »

[h=3]You have until June 30th to grab the Season Pass for free![/h]Just as the game finally launches on consoles, SNK has gone and revealed all of [I]Samurai Shodown[/I]‘s DLC characters included in the season pass. As part of this, the company has also given out the schedule of when these characters will arrive.
SNK revealed the first DLC character for [I]Samurai Shodown[/I], Rimururu the week before E3 2019. She arrives in the game in August. Now, in a post on the [url=https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/06/25/snk-kicks-off-samurai-shodown-with-launch-trailer-full-dlc-reveal/]PlayStation blog[/URL], they’ve revealed the rest of the characters in the season pass – Kubikiri Basara, Kazuki Kazama, and Wan-fu.
A vengeful spirit out to avenge his lover Kagaribi, Kubikiri Basara returns to in October. He uses a chain blade and tricky movement to try to zone out his opponents attacks. He’s also one of the squishiest characters in the game, being able to die in a single hit under specific circumstances in previous games.
Kazuki Kazama originally debuted with his brother Sogetsu in Samurai Shodown III. Seeing the former without his brother is an interesting decision by SNK as they usually appear together. He weilds fire and, in previous games, he could charge up a fireball that he could use with other special moves. Kazuki and his flames will heat players up in December.
Fans will remember Wan-fu for bringing different weapons in each of the series’ installments. For the new game, he brings a version of the massive stone pillar he first used in Samurai Shodown II. One of his most unique attacks involves him bashing his head against the pillar to charge up his POW meter. Wan-fu arrives long after the other characters in February of 2020.
In addition to these characters, there are hints that more may be coming to the game. In his message to fans, producer Yasuyuki Oda specifically referred to these characters as the game’s “first season.”
“For the first season, we wanted to extend our roster with different playstyles which can keep all players on their feet,” stated Oda. “Even though they’re still in development, we feel that each character has a very unique playstyle which fans new and old are sure to love.
We at SNK truly hope you enjoy the newest installment in the Samurai Shodown franchise.â€￾
With this, it seems that SNK plans to keep supporting Samurai Shodown and its players for quite awhile. Even with the DLC characters, the game’s current roster still misses out on a few fan favorites. Perhaps SNK will add them in later season passes, similar to what they did with the [I]King of Fighters XIV[/I]. [I]Samurai Shodown[/I] is now out on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, with the PC and Nintendo Switch versions to follow later in the Winter.
Source: [url=https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/06/25/snk-kicks-off-samurai-shodown-with-launch-trailer-full-dlc-reveal/]PlayStation Blog[/URL]

[url=http://shoryuken.com/2019/06/25/samurai-shodowns-season-1-dlc-characters-have-been-revealed/]More...[/url]

Return to “Home Consoles & Systems”