TIL, Sega Genesis rhymes with a backwards phrase that sounds like a reference to an actress that SMS is also the initials for

[Released: 1985] One of the most unusual features of the Sega Master System is its dual media inputs: one cartridge slot and one card slot. The card slot accepted small cards about the size of a credit card.

/markiiisystem
Bustin' Moves

TIL, Sega Genesis rhymes with a backwards phrase that sounds like a reference to an actress that SMS is also the initials for

Post by /markiiisystem »

How do you explain this:
Sega Master System has the initials SMS
SMS is also the initials for actress Suzanne Marie Somers, who was popular around the time of the Master System and Mega Drive Sega systems, this leads me to wonder...
The Sega Genesis, which was the successor of the Master System has a name that apparently rhymes with a phrase that would have been the backwards spelling of the phrase Suzanne ages.
is this such a shocking coincidence or what?
I was already amused to find this out before I suddenly saw the initials SMS again when finding more Sega-related subs to post in on Reddit.
with so many Sega Genesis games that were named after celebrities, we had Michael Jackson, Evander Holyfield, Shaq, Joe Montana, John Madden, etc.
So many male celebrities that games were named after, but why not females ones? Well, maybe SEGA didn't want to risk further scandal that involved the phrase "[insert celebrity name here] ages" with any game marketing, since Sega Genesis apparently rhymed with Sega Ennazus, and that's the backwards phrase I discovered recently.
I never really played Master System much, but I have played Game Gear a few times. I did play some Master System games on Game Gear years ago though.
is this a weird post or what?

submitted by /u/SupremoZanne
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “Master System Forum”