Lemmings on a modern tv - iffy picture quality

[Released: 1985] One of the most unusual features of the Sega Master System is its dual media inputs: one cartridge slot and one card slot. The card slot accepted small cards about the size of a credit card.

/markiiisystem
Bustin' Moves

Lemmings on a modern tv - iffy picture quality

Post by /markiiisystem »

Hey! I am sorry to make yet another thread but I am curious for anyone's experience. I bought an AV cable for my SMS and have a really nice picture after tinkering with my modern tv's settings, but Lemmings is proving to be a different case, to the point where it's extremely difficult on some levels to discern pixels. As an example, all the inner blue dots on steel tiles (and the green dots on top) are really not clear at all. I imagine some of this is just down to the way the graphics were done, but I am curious if any of you have the game and play it in any video configuration on a modern tv - I haven't got a capture card yet so I'll need to do that anyways but if anyone knows whether an upscaler will actually help, or whether the only way for the requisite crispness (closer to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhgr9840guo ) is to get a specific higher level of video output, I'd be most grateful for any insight.

submitted by /u/NuclearHyrule
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “Master System Forum”