Luma 3DS and Homebrew Issues HELP

[Released: 2011] The 3DS is similar to the DS, but is capable of projecting stereoscopic 3D effects without the use of 3D glasses or additional accessories. A redesigned "XL" version of the console was also released.

/3ds
Corporate

Luma 3DS and Homebrew Issues HELP

Post by /3ds »

Help! Im having issues! (Sorry for bad long post and formatting/issues with posts or not enough provided info, comment and i'll provide.)
So i recently installed Luma3DS on my old 3DS, following a video guide, (BANNERBOMB3 Method) and it also installed GM9, Homebrew, FBI, Luma Updater, and some title screen/splash installer i think. Everything was going good, so i installed some emulators for Homebrew, NES and SNES. Works great, perfect. Went to bed.
The next morning i decided to install the Freeshop. (I had no idea it didnt work, i completely new to modding/hacking) installed well, even opened but i didnt have title keys so i can pretty much just open settings. Well from there I decided, hey im gonna install the Wii shop music in the Wii folder. I dragged the MP3 to the root of the SD card, (i now know thats not where it goes) but when i turned on my 3DS, all the custom installed titles are gone. Homebrew, Luma, FBI, all missing. So i went into the settings and i can view the titles as installed software, so its still there, just gone from the menu, so i cant open them. Luma 3DS and GM9 menus still open fine with the Key combos (Luma = L+DOWN+SELECT GM9 = hold Start while 3DS powers on)
Thats the main issue. Missing all custom titles from home menu. but from there i encountered more trying to fix it. I decided to completely redo the Luma3DS install on a new SD card, fresh start. Well i decided to run the fresh SD card on my 3DS so that (hopefully) a new Nintendo 3DS file would appear, as the new card didnt have one.
Well when i tried powering on the 3DS with the new card, the blue light turns on, then fades off. No flickering screen, other lights, or anything. So i took out the card, and tried again. Same problem. Then i put the old card back in, and it boots fine. Still no titles.
Thats the second issue. 3DS wont boot without SD card with CFW files on it. Well from there i decided to just copy the Nintendo 3DS file from the original Card, to the new one, and hope that will let me turn it on. This is where my 3rd issue appears. I cant copy or move any files from the card to either my desktop or my new card. No idea why. No error messages, nothing is locked, it just does nothing when pasted.
I have no idea how to fix any of these problems, ANYTHING anyone can do to help (especially the first issue) would be incredibly appreciated. Thanks so much! See attached images for more info.
-ALT703

submitted by /u/ALT703
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “3DS Forum”