Restoring/Replacing Link Between Worlds Console Shell

[Released: 2011] The 3DS is similar to the DS, but is capable of projecting stereoscopic 3D effects without the use of 3D glasses or additional accessories. A redesigned "XL" version of the console was also released.

/3ds
Corporate

Restoring/Replacing Link Between Worlds Console Shell

Post by /3ds »

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD] Image [/TD]
[TD] Hi! So, when I was younger, I received a Link Between Worlds edition Old 3DS as a gift (see image) and over time, the device has seen a LOT of use and it's become scratched and worn down as a result of never purchasing a case/shell for it.
I've modded it, repaired it, and probably have thousands of hours of play on the device.
I'd like to restore the shell to a similar state to when I purchased it before putting a case on it, however, I'm having difficulty. I'm unsure of how to do a restoration without possibly making the scratching situation worse.
Does anyone know how to restore old shells, or where would I begin to go about finding a new shell (OEM or a very good replica from this line) to put on the console? The buttons are fine, and outwardly appear to have little to no damage.
https://preview.redd.it/bczvj3appji41.jpg?width=690&format=pjpg&auto=webp&04a0882f

submitted by /u/voidtones
[link] [comments] [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

More...

Return to “3DS Forum”