Need help getting updates for original xbox gamiest run on my 360

[Released: 2005] As the second console from Microsoft, the XBOX 360 completely sold out upon release in all regions except in Japan. About 33% of all consoles became defective making it the most unreliable console ever created.

/xB360
Corporate

Need help getting updates for original xbox gamiest run on my 360

Post by /xB360 »

Recent acquired a xbox 360 (slim E) and found out that it is semi backwards compatible. Awesome I thought it would be a great way to play some of my favorite games but i can't get passed the error message
"The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again"
I tried Halo, Doom 3, and Half-life 2
I've never been prompted before to do a download so I was stumped. i tried doing some research and ended up making an xbox live account, clearing out the cache, rolling back the system updates then re updating the xbox 360 but still nothing. I've even tried putting the update for the backwards compatibility on flash drive but i can't get the update to launch on boot. (yes the flash drive was formatted back to fat32 and the file the update is sitting on is named "$SystemUpdate".
Im out of ideas and i can't find anything online to help me with this.
Please help me, I know I'm probably missing one step but it really shouldn't be this hard to play xbox games

submitted by /u/anthrod1993
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “Xbox 360 Forum”