PSP 1000 freezes randomly

[Released: 2004] The PSP is the only handheld console to use an optical disc format as its primary storage medium. Other distinguishing features of the console include its large viewing screen and robust multi-media capabilities.

/psp
Corporate

PSP 1000 freezes randomly

Post by /psp »

My PSP has started randomly freezing. It started with MGSPW in menus. The background music continues and the exit menu comes up when I hit Home but it hangs if I try to exit. When it's in this state, holding the power switch up won't force it to power down and I have to remove the battery. For some reason, MHF lets me put the system in sleep mode when it freezes and it will unfreeze for a short amount of time upon waking.
Another strange occurrence, sometimes when WLAN is on, the system will attempt to use it but the light won't turn on and it will come up with an error message different from the "WLAN is off" message.
I'm on fairly old CFW (5.00 M33-6) but I haven't changed any settings recently besides switching the memory stick speed between fast and default a few times to test. I've disabled all plugins too. I suppose it's possible I damaged a board at some point repairing buttons but I hadn't taken it apart recently when the issues started.
Does anyone have some insight? I'm doubting updating CFW will fix it but I will probably try anyway. If it's a hardware issue, what should I be replacing? The motherboard? Any other suggestions?

submitted by /u/Kinighos
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “PlayStation Portable Forum”