Certain games seem to sometimes overwrite my dashboard randomly?

[Released: 2001] The Xbox was Microsoft's first video game console after collaborating with Sega to port Windows CE to the Dreamcast console and was the first console offered by an American company after the Atari Jaguar stopped sales in 1996.

/xbox
Corporate

Certain games seem to sometimes overwrite my dashboard randomly?

Post by /xbox »

I softmodded my Xbox, and then TSOP'd it with ind-bios several months ago, I noticed though that sometimes when I launched certain games, especially games that use Xbox Live in some form like Halo 2 or Unreal Tournament or Crimson Skies, when I turned off my Xbox and restarted it, ind-bios would throw an error 13: Can't load dashboard. It's extremely irritating since then I have to disassemble my Xbox, pull out the hard drive format it as FAT32, and then stick it back in, so that it would be able to load the dashboard again. I have absolutely no clue how the FAT32 format fixes it, but it pretty much always does whenever my Xbox complains about not being able to load the dashboard. Anyways going back to the dashboard issue, is there something I can do for my Xbox to stop trying to format the dash whenever I load games.
Forgot to mention, the dash format is kinda random, sometimes when I load games like Halo 2 or Crimson Skies, it will format the dash, other times, nothing happens, it seems to be about a 50/50 chance.

submitted by /u/themissinglync
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “Xbox Forum”