My life through Xbox.

[Released: 2013] Moving away from its predecessor's PowerPC-based architecture, the Xbox One marks a shift back to the x86 architecture used in the original Xbox; it features an AMD Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) built around the x86-64 instruction set.

/xboxone
Corporate

My life through Xbox.

Post by /xboxone »

I just turned 40 and a sobering thought hit me this morning. Scarlett will be the last generation of Xbox that I buy for my sons. I was still basically a newlywed when the original Xbox came out in 2001. I still had the freedom to fill my apartment with "the guys". We'd haul our 100 lb. CRT televisions around and balance them awkwardly wherever we could while spending the day playing Halo over System Link. By the time the 360 came out in 2005 my first son had been born. It was no longer simple to get the boys together in person. Our lives had moved on but fortunately so had technology and I played countless hours of Halo 2 with my friends over Live, lounging in a bean bag, with babies in my lap. The 360 era was hectic. I was raising kids and growing a business and my interests moved away from competitive online play but Xbox still filled my free time. When the One hit in 2003 my kids were getting old enough to play themselves. Now I have multiple Xboxes and spend as much time playing Minecraft and Trove and whatever else they're into as I do Assassin's Creed and Doom. With Scarlett my oldest will be a junior in high school. I'll likely pack one into a car with a lightweight 4k monitor and move him off to college. Things will probably evolve again and I'll find myself full circle playing competitively online with my kids, partly to keep in touch.
Thank you MS for Xbox being a part of my life. You've truly connected people across time and generations and given me many treasured memories with many yet to come.

submitted by /u/EngineerJawah
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “Xbox One Forum”