Freaky BIOS situation

[Released: 2001] The Xbox was Microsoft's first video game console after collaborating with Sega to port Windows CE to the Dreamcast console and was the first console offered by an American company after the Atari Jaguar stopped sales in 1996.

/xbox
Corporate

Freaky BIOS situation

Post by /xbox »

So I decided to pull out my old XBOX (a 1.1 PAL) which hasn't been touched since around 2005 when I softmodded and then TSOP'd it with X2 4981.
Rebridged the TSOP points on top (bottom were left intact last time around) and flashed EvoX M8+ (F&G).

Swapped the hard drive with an old 320GB one I had lying around and also removed the clock cap whilst I had it open.

Everything was fine until today when I turned the xbox on and it has now reverted back to the original X2 bios and G has gone.

I have reflashed with M8+, Ind5004 and X2 5035 and ALL end up reverting back to the original X2 bios and removing the G partition.

Any of you experts got any ideas on how or why it's happening?

I am thinking I need to reflash a full 1mb retail bios and then start from scratch as I am at a loss as to why it reverts to a previously flashed bios unless its booting other banks?

submitted by /u/AgileBoysenberry
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “Xbox Forum”