Martin Jones Sync Pulse Generator: A Layman in Need of Help with a Schematic

For all Supergun and Consolized motherboard discussion.

Arcade-Projects
Corporate

Martin Jones Sync Pulse Generator: A Layman in Need of Help with a Schematic

Post by Arcade-Projects »

I would like to build Martin Jones's Sync Pulse Generator so that I can solder it in-line on my JAMMA harness. Seems the Sanwa PFX monitor in my NNC is not compatible with sync on some of my PCB's (mainly, the Taito F3). I am at a complete loss as to how to approach this since I have no engineering skills to speak of. This will probably be a longer than usual journey as I complete this but I would appreciate the help.

Firstly, the final product shows two IC's plus various components. Also, the same is shown over jammaarcade.net. However, the bill of materials lists out 4 IC's, which I believe are sub-"modules" in the same IC's?:

[INDENT] [h=3]Martin Jones wrote:[/h]

• IC1B is a monostable which triggers on every sync pulse, generating a pulse 4.7 microseconds long. These become the new horizontal sync pulses.
  • IC2B combined with D1, R3 and C3 form a sync separator which triggers the monostable in IC1C only on sync pulses which are longer than about 40 microseconds.
  • IC1C is a monostable which generates vertical sync pulses about 200 microseconds long.
  • IC2E combines the new horizontal and vertical sync pulses into a new sync signal.

[/INDENT]So as for the 1st questions:

• IC1B and IC1C are simply the same IC, a 74LS221, correct?
  • IC2B and IC2E are simply the same IC as well, a 74L86, correct?
That is all for now. Will ask further questions as I try to make sense of the schematic myself. Thanks!

More...

Return to “Modified Moderboards”