Use old 3DS without wifi card?

[Released: 2011] The 3DS is similar to the DS, but is capable of projecting stereoscopic 3D effects without the use of 3D glasses or additional accessories. A redesigned "XL" version of the console was also released.

/3ds
Corporate

Use old 3DS without wifi card?

Post by /3ds »

Hello,
I have need of a handheld console that has no wifi capability at a hardware level. I learned that the 3DS XL has a removable wifi card, and successfully removed it only to find that the system would not boot, as others have described with the black screen issue. I managed to get to the home menu by holding the wifi switch while the system booted, but as soon as I selected an app or game the system crashed and needed to be restarted.
I would like to know if anyone has been successful in using their standard sized 3DS without a wifi card, since I know for certain that the XL does not work.
I am also interested the possibility of using an original 2DS if anyone has experience with that hardware also.
If anyone has done this successfully, or would be willing to try doing so on their small 3DS or 2DS, I would be extremely grateful.

submitted by /u/librophagus
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “3DS Forum”