Sudden analog stick problems

[Released: 1998] Born out of Sega's darkest hour to decide whether the company stays in the hardware business. Even though it didn't officially last long in the US, it was continued selling in Japan and spawned some great 2D Japanese shooters.

/dreamcast
Corporate

Sudden analog stick problems

Post by /dreamcast »

Hey all. I just got a Dreamcast a week and a half ago from a used game store, and it has worked perfectly up until today. In all of the games I've played today, I involuntarily move in all of them even when not touching the analog stick. In unreal tournament I'll move backwards without touching the analog stick. In Rez the scope trends to the lower right if I'm not touching the analog stick. In crazy taxi my car veers toward the right when I'm not even trying to. I'm really frustrated because I just got this thing, and now I'm already having a problem. One thing I could think of that could be causing this sudden malfunction is my frequent playing of Rez, which I got 2 days ago, that may have put stress on it and made it fucked up. I have not abused the controller in any way. Even just this morning, I didn't notice the problem. It was only when I got home from work and began trying to play games that it became apparent. The point is, what are my options? Should I try to repair it, and what's the best way to do so? Or should I just give it up and get another controller, one that may develop the same problem? Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/dugan_nash_69
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “Dreamcast Forums”