RetroArch Xtreme 1.8.1! ScummVM Blade Runner FTW! DOSBox SVN! Amiga! Core Set Update for MD-S-NESC-PSC!

[Released: 2017] A successor to the NES Classic Edition, this remake comes with twenty-one Super NES titles pre-installed, including the official release of Star Fox 2.

/classicSNESmini
Bustin' Moves

RetroArch Xtreme 1.8.1! ScummVM Blade Runner FTW! DOSBox SVN! Amiga! Core Set Update for MD-S-NESC-PSC!

Post by /classicSNESmini »

11-26-19
Disney Plus!? Guess 10 Million Plus of us are suckers for Disney! Mandalorian truly is a fun watch, even though it does have elements of Guardians of the Galaxy, John Wick, and countless other preordained sci-fi and actioner affairs! Very much looking forward to Chapter 4!
And, not surprisingly enough, the latest John Rambo movie truly kicks ass. It has a nice mixture of violence and drama and Sylvester is as fun to watch as he was in First Blood! I still personally think Ikari Warriors is loosely based off of his character!
Bing watching! What shows or movies have you bing watched lately? Personally, my significant other and myself flew through all 3 seasons of Atypical, which is...ironically enough, about an individual who has Aspergers, which is a form of higher functioning autism. This may or may not surprise you all. But, I also have Aspergers, or as Cartman would say...Assburgers! So, if you ever watch The Good Doctor, Atypical, even Big Bang Theory, you will see some of the general personality and traits I have in those Autistic Characters.
Now then!
I am not planning on Updating Google Drive until tomorrow! So, keep that in mind. You will only be able to get these from the Main Release 7z Assets way way below for PSC-MD-S-NESC, or Mod Hub via Hakchi for MD-S-NESC! Unfortunately, I am short on time before work. So, it will be top priority to fully update Google Drive Link tomorrow!!!

• SEGAAAA Saturn FTW! (Mini PSC ONLY!)
  • SEGAAAA Saturn Xtras! (Mini PSC)
  • SEGAAAA Saturn Compatibility Fixes WIP! (Mini PSC)
  • SEGAAAA Saturn Tutorial! (Mini PSC)
  • Easy Overclock! (Mini S-NESC!)
  • Easy RPG Non-English Games! (Mini MD-S-NESC-PSC)
  • DOSBox SVN Performance+Speed Boost! (Mini MD-S-NESC-PSC)
  • Amiga Improved Yet Again! (Mini MD-S-NESC-PSC)
  • Hakchi MD Mini WIP! (Mini MD)
  • WIP! (Mini MD-S-NESC-PSC)
  • By request, PSC Xtreme Core Injector added for BleemSync! (Mini PSC!)
  • And, of course PSC Xtreme Core Injector Updated for AutoBleem! (Mini PSC!)
  • Pseudo OpenBOR! (Mini PSC!)
  • ScummVM!!! Blade Runner FTW (Mini MD-S-NESC-PSC)
  • The Videos!
  • Final Notes!
SEGAAAA Saturn FTW! (Mini PSC ONLY!)
Sega Saturn NOW can run full speed on Many Games! This is ONLY possible on PSC, and will probably never work on any of the other Mini Classics, such as the MD-S-NESC, unfortunately! It is what it is. So, naysayers who bashed PSC from day one, this is yet another reason why the system is a true Modder's Paradise!
Games, such as Guardian Heroes run near flawlessly, with 3d Games like Panzer Dragoon Zwei, Saga, and Nights running quite admirably! Like Sega Dreamcast and N64 and PSP, there is a vast variety to the overall performance and speed, which is quite case by case. I went through a ton of testing over the last several weeks, and got many things cleaned up for a very stable Release! Compatibility wise, I am mostly concerned with games that you all run into that do not work. Those will be the main ones that I focus on trying to fix up in future Updates...!
Ironically enough, going through "unofficial" means was the key to achieving this amazing performance and speed! I give huge and tremendous personal thanks to devMiyax for his efforts with this pure awesomeness! Shinobi Legions is one game that I have wanted to be able to emulate properly on the Mini Classics for almost 3 years now! Very happy, right now:) Also, thanks to madmonkey and special test credits to shantigilbert (who gave some incredible spec differentials that greatly helped out with this side project, once thought to just be a pipedream for our Mini Classics!) Shantigilbert also works with the Amlogic platform, which is one of the ONLY ways of running 3DO FULL SPEED AHEAD at this current time and place! Like Sega Saturn, there "is" a possibility we may one day get near to full speed 3DO and Atari Jaguar. But, don't expect it anytime soon!
For now, I would absolutely love any and all feedback you all have on games you test, whether they work well, great, perfectly, not at all, with glitches, and so on!
BIOS ARE required to run the Core, which is Yabause Xtreme when you load the games. The prerequisite BIOS are saturn_bios.bin (case sensitive!), which can be copied and pasted into retroarch/system
SEGAAAA Saturn Xtras! (Mini PSC)
On my Google Drive Link, in Xtras/Game Art & Thumbnails, you can get amazing 3d Box Art (Thanks Robin55 and EM!) for the Saturn Games. Just simply have them named same as the games, and in same folder, if loading content. Scrolling through them will display the "last" activated artwork box! This will work most optimally if using the AutoBleem Xtreme Core Injector in my set, with the set-up I post. Additionally, if you "scan" for Sega Saturn games, via file or directory, you can copy the Sega Saturn thumbnails to retroarch/thumbnails/ and you will see a combination of glorious box art and/or in game screen shots!
SEGAAAA Saturn Compatibility Fixes WIP! (Mini PSC)
The FIRST game which really irked me, that didn't initially work, was able to be fixed up with a clever workaround which ignores things, and runs it in debug mode perimeters! With the Xtreme Injector for AutoBleem installed, simply have your game file named as Astal, and it "should work decently" enough to be playable. It is a beautiful game, just unfortunately not full speed! Personal thanks to Sal X for the recommended fix method for Astal!
SEGAAAA Saturn Tutorial! (Mini PSC)
In Xtras/Tools/CHDMAN, use the V5, and simply double click the batch file, whilst the games you want to convert to chd are inside said folder! This will convert bin+cue Sega Saturn games into sometimes up to 75 percent smaller CHD files, nearly equivalent to 7zip in size!!! Enjoy the great space saving!
I will do more advanced Tutorials for other non-bin+cue formats!
Easy Overclock! (Mini S-NESC!)
This was oft requested, and bslenul made it happen. You don't even need Xtreme Overclock installed! Hakchi/Modules/KMFD Mod Hub/Games Tab, download and add as a game! Once you open it from wherever you have it on Mini SNES-NES (for now), you can Overclock and Declock at will! It is an amazing addition, and thanks Bslenul!
Easy RPG Non-English Games! (Mini MD-S-NESC-PSC)
Thanks to Ghabry, we can now play Non-English games! Polish, Spanish, Russian, and so on, as Fonts are supported! A few people have asked me about this in the past. But, now it is a reality! Thanks Ghabry! And, thanks bslenul for testing!
DOSBox SVN Performance+Speed Boost! (Mini MD-S-NESC-PSC)
Thanks fr500 and the rest of the DOSBox SVN Team for helping make DOS even better than ever before. A ridiculous amount of fixes, changes, updates, which I will cover in a follow-up video!
Amiga Improved Yet Again! (Mini MD-S-NESC-PSC)
rsn8887 and sonninnos have been quite active with C64 and AMIGA, and both Cores are so so so much better. Again, I will do follow-up videos on these. I also did some coding changes, too, and made things more optimal for our Mini Classics. Select button can now easily be used to toggle between Mouse/Joypad! This is absolutely necessary for some "trainer" games! Thanks Jul Car and Game Cleaner for helping test!!!
Hakchi MD Mini WIP! (Mini MD)
Madmonkey and DanTheMan827 have done quite a bit, forward moving wise, with MD Mini! Main UI Injection will most definitely be coming in the near future! Just be patient, everyone! And, TheWez1981 has been gracious enough to help out with the needed Spine Arts, to complete the amazing awesomeness!
WIP! (Mini MD-S-NESC-PSC)
Working in some more Arcade Related stuff, Next Update, as well as potentially hundreds of new games to the Mod Hub and Google Drive Links!
By request, PSC Xtreme Core Injector added for BleemSync! (Mini PSC!)
Been requested nearly 500 times. So, for those of you who love BS, I added the Injector, Cheats, and DraStic! Thanks to MMC for their work with BS and DraStic! I will add additional things, on request, for Next Update! Personal thanks to nl255 for helping test DraStic!
And, of course PSC Xtreme Core Injector Updated for AutoBleem! (Mini PSC!)
Thanks to the collaboration of Genderbent, The Xtreme Core Injector is a much better thing this time around, complete with a greatly spruced up RetroArch 1.8.1! Genderbent did some solid work, and it definitely shows in my testing! I have a Tutorial on installing the Injector below! Also, Genderbent's RetroBoot, which goes directly to RetroArch, for those who don't want the Main UI experience, is hard linked, above!
Pseudo OpenBOR! (Mini PSC!)
Main Release/PSC/OpenBOR, PSP, thanks to whitedragon0000, and all whom have ever worked on OpenBOR, we now have fairly excellent pseudo OpenBOR game playability! At least, until we code in a launcher for the real deal, hopefully by next Release! Thanks to TritonusRaven for continued test results on many Cores I post!
ScummVM!!! Blade Runner FTW (Mini MD-S-NESC-PSC)
Blade Runner for PC now works with ScummVM! I included the launchers in Xtras/ScummVM! Thanks RobLoach for doing such a tremendous job updating the launchers! You completely rock! And, thanks to the 147+ developers, across thousands of coding changes, that helped make 2.1.0 ScummVM possible!
The newly supported games are:

• Blade Runner
  • Duckman: The Graphic Adventures of a Private Dick
  • Hoyle Bridge
  • Hoyle Children's Collection
  • Hoyle Classic Games
  • Hoyle Solitaire
  • Hyperspace Delivery Boy!
  • Might and Magic IV - Clouds of Xeen
  • Might and Magic V - Darkside of Xeen
  • Might and Magic - World of Xeen
  • Might and Magic - Swords of Xeen
  • Mission Supernova Part 1
  • Mission Supernova Part 2
  • Quest for Glory: Shadows of Darkness
  • The Prince and the Coward
  • Versailles 1685
I also updated a Patches ScummVM HMOD to Mod Hub, for MD-S-NESC Users! I will update Google Drive with the patches, tomorrow, for PSC! Enjoy the spruced up Theme, too! Thanks, thanks, thanks, Nava, for your amazing efforts in helping with ScummVM!
The Videos!
A few more videos will be Uploaded AFTER this Release, so be sure to refresh my channel for PSC Xtreme Core Injector and PSC Sega Saturn Tutorial Videos!
Playstation Classic - WILL Sega Saturn Full Speed Ever Be Possible!?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6lG_dhg_Ss
Playstation Classic - Atomiswave Arcade Xtreme Performance Demonstration - Yes, Metal Slug 6, too!:)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtqazjSanQg
Playstation Classic - Sega Saturn - Xtreme WIP - Part 2 - Panzer Dragon!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88j1lymfQJk
Playstation Classic - Atomiswave Xtreme Showcase - Fist of the North Star, etc!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01kMdxKKwuE
Playstation Classic - Sega Saturn - Xtreme WIP - Part 3 - Panzer Dragon Saga!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTgrjwVJ3rQ
SNES Classic - Like a Boss! Easy Overclock! Dreamcast & Atomiswave Xtreme Showcase!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMIk8irvnYA
Playstation Classic - Sega Saturn - Xtreme WIP - Part 4 - Daytona USA!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Eg7dRv4RU
Playstation Classic - PSP WIP - Burnout Legends & OpenBOR!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4fHPvzvrTA
Mini Classics - Drum Session (Alesis) - B4 Next Update!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHzVcDsORqg
Playstation Classic - Blade Runner FTW!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEHiGuLXXgs
Playstation Classic - Sega Saturn - Xtreme WIP - Part 5 - Saturn Bomberman!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3miOMXvhIE
Playstation Classic - Sega Saturn - Xtreme WIP - Part 6 - Sega Touring Car Championship!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm_7IZMws2s
Final Notes!
I will finish updating Google Drive link with more goodies over the next few days, since I am off from work! So, check back on my Github, and refresh the page for anything I update, note wise...relating to anything I have added to Google Drive! Thanks again, everyone, as always!!!
Sincerely, KMFDManic!
11-22-19
Mandalorian, what can I say:) Shaping up to be a fun and great venture into the Star Wars Universe. And, coincidentally, despite the episodes being set to air each Friday, they changed the airing of 2 specific episodes preceding and following the Skywalker movie, which comes out next month! This would lend credence to the idea that something happens in Mandalorian that will be part of the Canon story line in Skywalker, and something that happens in Skywalker will be Canon to the Mandalorian story line! My interest is peaked!
Well then, the Next Update drops on 11-26-19! This is a big one, as Genderbent is back for yet another fantastic RetroBoot Release as well! Many new Toys to play with, come this Tues! The blood, sweat, and tears of Myself, Genderbent, and many other developers will be all yours to enjoy, then:) So, be sure to check back!
And, of course, the Release!
https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases

submitted by /u/MDFMKanic
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “SNES Classic Edition Forum”