UMD compatibility iso ripping issue

[Released: 2004] The PSP is the only handheld console to use an optical disc format as its primary storage medium. Other distinguishing features of the console include its large viewing screen and robust multi-media capabilities.

/psp
Corporate

UMD compatibility iso ripping issue

Post by /psp »

Recently my psp 2000 has started losing sync with the disc and dropping back to the main menu. I tried bending the metal spring tabs that apply pressure to the disc to hold it in place but it didn't help at all. The movie or game will seem to play fine for a few minutes but drops out repeatedly. My psp is hacked and so I decided I would rip the iso in the hope that if the system was reading off the memory stick then this wouldn't happen. That theory was dashed when I discovered that the system needs there to be a disc inside the system for it to load up and read off the memory stick. The system still drops out back to the main menu. My second idea was to run ppsspp on my phone to watch umd movie iso rips there on the brighter screen but that idea was also dashed because ppsspp cannot read umd video iso, wtf? I had the idea that collecting umd video discs would be fun but it sucks.

submitted by /u/ALIENSMACK
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “PlayStation Portable Forum”