Getting Error 11 after upgrading harddrive

[Released: 2001] The Xbox was Microsoft's first video game console after collaborating with Sega to port Windows CE to the Dreamcast console and was the first console offered by an American company after the Atari Jaguar stopped sales in 1996.

/xbox
Corporate

Getting Error 11 after upgrading harddrive

Post by /xbox »

First, yes I know that Error 11 means the DVD drive is not connected/operating. If I put the new HDD in I get Error 11, then when I swap back to the old one it boots fine. This has nothing to do with the DVD drive.

With that out of the way. I recently took some of y'alls advice on a previous thread and got a new SATA harddive instead of using an IDE. Here are the parts I ordered, for reference:

Seagate 500GB SATA drive

StarTech IDE to SATA

IDE double-wide (80-pin) cable

All three of these items have been recommended at some point by Xbox modders either on here or other places.

Using Chimp I cloned my 160GB HDD to the new drive and locked it using the HDD key that I was using (the TEAMASSEMBLY/all zeroes harddrive keys.) It went through fine without any errors. Chimp reports back with the correct size of the new partitions so I can only assume things went fairly well.

When I plug in the harddrive, I make sure to set the SATA adapter back to Master. Power and IDE connections look good.

During the flubber animation, the flubber freezes partway through, then the LED flashes Red and Green, and I'm taken to Error 11. Like I said before, if I plug the old drive back in without touching anything else, it boots flawlessly. It's only when I put in the new drive that I'm getting Error 11.

I saw a previous thread on this and the last guy was able to solve his problem by just getting a new drive. I don't know too much about harddrives specifically but it seems kind of weird that I would run into the exact same problem as him and my only solution would be another drive. How often are HDDs dead on arrival to the point that two separate Xbox moddders would run into this problem? Any other ideas would be much appreciated.

submitted by /u/ProfXavier
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “Xbox Forum”