Playing SegaScope 3D games in VR on real hardware

[Released: 1985] One of the most unusual features of the Sega Master System is its dual media inputs: one cartridge slot and one card slot. The card slot accepted small cards about the size of a credit card.

/markiiisystem
Bustin' Moves

Playing SegaScope 3D games in VR on real hardware

Post by /markiiisystem »

Hi, I've bitten by the VR bug and am starting o use my PSVR as my main display with cinematic mode. Only thing is that I can't play the 3D Master System games on this, yet.
I think I've figured out a way to do this but I don't know enough about electronics to figure out the rest of the solution.
Here's how it goes: You split the video from the Master System into 2 images, then you (somehow) make both simply turn off for every alternate frame (one image shows every even frame, the other every odd frame). That's it. The question is how do I make the image turn off every alternate frame?
You might also be able to make the one video signal switch between two video outputs for every alternate frame. Still, no idea how to control the switch to do this.
I've thought about using the Adapter for the glasses to control this in the same way the adapter controls which lens is open on the glasses, but I just don't know how to do it.
Now on the VR end of things: You take these two images and throw them through something which will give you PIP capabilities (and set it to side-by-side mode of course). Then plug this into the headset and there you go.
It seems simple but as I said I'm missing one important step. So does anyone know how to solve this (other than using an emulator or using a CRT)? Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/satoshi64
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “Master System Forum”