I need help troubleshooting my xbox issues with JSRF game

[Released: 2001] The Xbox was Microsoft's first video game console after collaborating with Sega to port Windows CE to the Dreamcast console and was the first console offered by an American company after the Atari Jaguar stopped sales in 1996.

/xbox
Corporate

I need help troubleshooting my xbox issues with JSRF game

Post by /xbox »

So the main reason I have an xbox is for JSRF. I thankfully got a free xbox in college and then bought myself the stand alone game. The Xbox runs and even boots the game, but when I get to the first VS cops battle in the game in chapter 1 it freezes. right after dj professor k says to "use those pretty white coats and do some serious artwork". the screen goes black and I hear the music skipping like those old walkmans use to do.

So I wondered if it was the disc. I clean the disc and try again. no dice same issue. so I decide to try it in my friend's xbox. it works. so it's not the disc.

So maybe it's the dvd drive itself? so I open the xbox and try to clean it. no dice. I buy a new one and replace the whole damn dvd drive. still freezes in the same spot.

So okay maybe it just doesn't like playing a game via the disc? So I soft mod my xbox and dump the game from my disc to the hard drive of my xbox. still the same issue. (yes I took out the clock capacitor and I did not see any damage)

please. I need help. is it because my xbox version is 1.0? my friend's one is a 1.3 apparently. so maybe the hardware is just dying? how do I fix this?

if you guys want a video of what happens I can get one... but I doubt it'll help.

when I load up other save files that are further in the game it seems to play fine. it's just that one spot for some reason.

submitted by /u/Roesart
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “Xbox Forum”