RetroArch 1.7.7 Xtreme! OpenBOR Full Speed Ahead! CHD Support for PCSX ReArmed! PCSX ReArmed goes Xtreme! DOSBox SVN Fixed Up

[Released: 2016] Licensed miniature replica NES that includes a static library of 30 built-in games supporting save states.

/classicNES
Bustin' Moves

RetroArch 1.7.7 Xtreme! OpenBOR Full Speed Ahead! CHD Support for PCSX ReArmed! PCSX ReArmed goes Xtreme! DOSBox SVN Fixed Up

Post by /classicNES »

Release Link at bottom!:)
5-18-19
SNES Classic - OpenBOR Friggin Full Speed Ahead + Konami Code Conspiracy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WeW0-tRkFE
I will also do some more videos tomorrow/Monday, showcasing other aspects of this Update! So, stay tuned! One is currently Uploading, which is a showcase of some relatively unknown Mario Games!
Be sure to join us on Discord, at:
https://discord.gg/bX9PqrC
Thanks to all of you who have joined us and become a part of our daily conversations! Looking forward to chatting with more of you in the future!
You all know how this works, by now:)! Without spoiling anything, I caught up on a few movies and tv shows in the interim between the last and this Update! Avengers: Endgame met my expectations, and I didn't think it would be too easy to match the entertainment value of that movie. But, I found Shazam a fun diversion, as well. Mark Strong was in top form, as always. He was one of the sole redeeming factors in the failed Green Lantern movie, along with, of course...Ryan Reynolds typical snarky and fun attitude! And, of course, Ryan met his life mate, Blake Lively, in the process! Game of Thrones is still holding strong, with one final episode left! In any case, let's get to this Update, before I get anymore sidetracked!
Note: Per usual, Release is Assets 7z. file at way bottom of this page. Or, you can use alternate links to grab things individually!

• RetroArch Xtreme Updated to 1.7.7 for Mini NES/SNES/PSC!
  • RetroArch Xtreme Redundancies Cleaned up for Mini NES/SNES/PSC!
  • Optimal _DUMMY Folder Usage for Mini NES/SNES!
  • OpenBOR, Finally! Full Speed Ahead For Mini NES/SNES!
  • OpenBOR, Pseudo Full Speed Ahead for Mini PSC!
  • Of Course, I am throwing you a bone, with an OpenBOR Test Game:)
  • DOSBox SVN Sound Initialization fixed up!
  • Who loves incredible SHMUPS!? Introducing Tyrian!
  • PCSX ReArmed NEON Xtreme now has CHD Support!
  • PCSX ReArmed goes even More Xtreme!
  • NEW Sega Game Gear/Master System Core!
  • Introducing QUASI88, an PC-8801 Core!
  • By the way, QUASI88 supports the obscure Super Mario Bros. Special!
  • EasyRPG Updated!
  • Game & Watch Updated!
  • The Videos!
  • To Do WIP List!
  • Final Notes!
RetroArch Xtreme Updated to 1.7.7 for Mini NES/SNES/PSC!
BleemSync Injector will post on 5-19-18. Check back for an Update for that, specifically! Unfortunately, time constraints kept me from finishing it up before Release Deadline! Off to work now! Will post after:)
Huge thanks to madmonkey on the Mini NES/SNES side; genderbent on the Mini PSC side, for their fantastic efforts in helping get RetroArch Xtreme in tip top shape! 1.7.7 is now "canon" and is a great deal better for us on all 3 Platforms, than previous RetroArchs have been, due to some of the incredible new additions!
There is a nifty, very cool widget feature, which you will see pop up various Notifications as you do different things. I would highly recommend leaving this enabled, as if myself or anyone else needs to help troubleshoot, having it on will be quite helpful. Not to mention, it will indicate success with Playlists, Controllers being recognized, and a multitude of other things!
Ozone will be default for the NESC/SNESC, since we have the Main UI for the primary aesthetically pleasing scenario, relating to Artwork for games, and so on! Most of us on the NES/SNES use the Main UI a majority of the time! But, if you decide you would rather use XMB, instead, simply go into RetroArch Settings, Drivers, Menu, change Ozone to XMB, then exit RetroArch. Rinse and repeat to do go back to Ozone. Feel free to transform anytime, doing the expected "Transformers'" sound effect!
XMB will be default for the PSC, since the Main UI is still not quite there, as far as anything but default PCSX ReArmed PS1 Games. This "will" change in the future, of course! But, it will take some time to be at the level of optimal use that we have already become accustomed to with the NES/SNES! You can, of course, switch from XMB to Ozone, the exact same way as I detailed above for NESC/SNESC!
Lastly, I have done quite a few additional tweaks to try to get every last bit of performance and speed out of this latest Update. Things should be nice and breezy and snappy, as far as Menu Navigation, loading of Games/Cores, and so on! And, don't forget, you can install the additional Add-On from the Release or KMFD Mod Hub, _km_retroarch_xtreme_playlist_database.hmod This will allow you to Import, Scan Files or Directories to add to Preset Playlists based on what is detailed within the Databases. If you find something that isn't recognized, it simply is not in the Database. But, once you load it, and it is in History, you can "still" add it to your "favorites!" So, that is a nice quick workaround. You can manually do your own playlists. But, it will take just a little extra effort.
RetroArch Xtreme Redundancies Cleaned up for Mini NES/SNES/PSC!
With this Release, I have cleaned up redundant paths that really should never have been used for the Mini NES/SNES/PSC to begin with. The entire .config/retroarch path is now gone on NES/SNES; and .config/retroarch gone on PSC. Do not worry, as far as maintaining any current configurations, as when you install RetroArch 1.7.7 Xtreme for NES/SNES, it will automatically "push" (Thanks DanTheMan827!) anything from .config/retroarch to main directory! PSC Users, simply move anything from .config that you want to keep, to retroarch Main.
Optimal _DUMMY Folder Usage for Mini NES/SNES!
This is one of the most consistently asked questions I get on a day to day basis. How do you do the _DUMMY Folder? I have showcased it in many many videos, as it is my main means of transportation on the Mini Classics. With this Update, and RetroArch Xtreme 1.7.7 installed, the only prerequisite is that you are on USB-HOST. If that is the case, simply make a folder, which you can name _DUMMY if you wish, or Games, whatever. I just happen to use _DUMMY in my case, and it is more referential, as some of the other things that have been coined within the concurrent Core Set Releases. Make this folder "outside" of the hakchi directory! This is very important. If you do not do this, when you "export", the _DUMMY folder will be deleted. As long as it is outside the hakchi directory, on your flash/hard drive, it will remain intact on an export.
OpenBOR, Finally! Full Speed Ahead For Mini NES/SNES!
I would have to say that this is one of the most oft requested things to be for the Mini NES/SNES! I am very happy to finally bring this to you all to play around with! I give mad props to Senile Team, for the original OpenBOR (Beats of Rage) Madmonkey for the Execution on Mini NES/SNES, bslenul for the Main UI (User Interface) Integration. We definitely don't want to have to Command Line these games, such as madmonkey, bslenul, and myself initially did for "testing". I handled the performance and optimization aspect of the OpenBOR scenario.
The OpenBOR Core is in "Special" Tab, along with "DraStic". Simply install the Core, add a .pak, and command line should be:
/bin/openbor
You should be able to run a majority of games from 2004-2014, roughly. Some of the newer ones, such as GI Joe: Attack on Cobra Island, will not work...for the moment. He-Man: Masters of the Universe, however, one of the pinnacle achievements of OpenBOR, however, does...in fact, work! It is a tremendously cool game that really captures the essence of the original cartoon series! You can see me test drive this baby in a video below the Release Notes! Games that do not work may seem like they will load, then crash before the start of the game.
OpenBOR, Pseudo Full Speed Ahead for Mini PSC!
Unfortunately, this time around, PSC Users won't get the same, truly excellent OpenBOR experience as NES/SNES Users...at least for now! This may change in the future. But, you can "still" run OpenBOR with two Updated Cores within this Release. Refer to the PS CLASSIC/OpenBOR Folder for the Templates for each, as well as a ReadMe!
You have 2 current options to run OpenBOR games. A 3rd Option will likely make it to PSC, in the future. For now, it is more optimal for usage on the NESC/SNESC.
If you load a game and it emits an error message or crashes, it is very likely not supported.
DOS (Full Speed), which equates to games that were made around 2004. These games will run full speed ahead, with minor hiccups due to slight timing offsets. These are mostly negligible. Simply copy a Pak file into OpenBOR_DOS Template Folder (Yes, the folder can be renamed). The Pak file must be renamed, exactly as BOR.PAK or it will not work.
PSP (Slow to Moderate Speed), which relates to games from 2004 and on, til roughly the year 2011. These games will vary in terms of performance and speed, some running better than others. Halloween: Wrath of Michael Meyers is an example of one that runs pretty top notch. Final Fight Gold CE is a little sluggish. But, it is still quite playable! Copy Pak into Paks folder. This will not need renamed like the DOS one. It will work, as is, as long as it is the only Pak in said folder. If you attempt to put more than one in Paks folder, it will not auto load. It will, instead, do a menu prompt. Then, you'd have to choose the pak. Personally, I do one game per template, as I much prefer the auto load method!
OpenBOR_DOS
Run OpenBOR_DOS, bor.exe, with DOSBox-SVN, BOR.PAK, if it exists and is supported, will auto load.
OpenBOR_PSP
Run OpenBOR_PSP, EBOOT.PBP, with PPSSPP Xtreme, Pak file, if present in paks folder, will auto load.
Again, the 3rd, full speed ahead method, may work its way onto the PSC in the future!
Of Course, I am throwing you a bone, with an OpenBOR Test Game:)
I may add more in the future! But, for now, you have Beats of Rage in KMFD Mod Hub, Games Tab, for NES/SNES Users, and in Xtras/Games/OpenBOR, for PSC Users. Enjoy this fantastic game!
DOSBox SVN Sound Initialization fixed up!
DOSBox SVN is better, speed and performance wise, on the Mini NES/SNES/PSC, for more cpu/gpu intensive games, than Standard DOSBox is. But, there was one little, pesky bug, which hindered the overall enjoyment, to a degree. The sound card did not properly initialize. With this Update, it will, and you will get Full Sound Ahead! Why did this specifically need to be done for This Update!:)? Well...
Who loves incredible SHMUPS!? Introducing Tyrian!
Special thanks to IncendiaryIdea for bringing this SHMUP'Tastic game to my attention. This will run with the Updated DOSBox SVN Core! It had a few bugs in its execution, which are now fixed up. It is fully playable for This Release. It is generally a gpu/cpu intensive game. So, you will not get Full Speed Ahead. But, you can lower the video settings in-game if you so choose to. I was fine running it, as is, and thoroughly enjoyed it! You can grab the game from KMFD Mod Hub, Games Tab (For Mini NES/SNES), as well as Xtras/Games/DOS (For Mini NES/SNES/PSC! Personal thanks to Beylie, as well, whom helped with one fix for the "mouse" bug. The ship would effectively try to move by itself. I have it working, in its current incarnation, without any "mouse" issues. But, I still have included the "fix", just in case anyone does so happen to need it. It is in Xtras/DOS, and is called tyrian.conf. Depending on set-up, you may also need or want to rename the .conf You would need to add is as an uncompressed game, via hakchi, and amend the path within the file to point to your current directory. It works much like the uae files do for Amiga consumption!
In any case, you should not need the fix. It is there, just in case! Controls for Tyrian can easily be set up by going into Controls, changing to keyboard+mouse, backing out, backing in, then setting them up as follows:
DOSBOX Tyrian:
ctrl-backspace -- kill OpenTyrian alt-enter -- fullscreen ctrl-f10 -- ungrab mouse arrow keys -- ship movement space -- fire weapons enter -- toggle rear weapon mode ctrl/alt -- fire left/right sidekick
These controls are in a ReadMe, inside Xtras/Mapping. If any of you have any difficulty mapping, let me know! I plan on working in some defaults, probably for the Next Update, to help with DOSBox, MSX (Metal Gear), and so on! This will be so you simply load the game and play, without any additional configuration! This will be on the To Do list for the very Next Update!
Thanks again for the recommendation IncendiaryIdea! Due to the nature of a few things needing fixed up, just to get it properly going...in addition to "reality", I was a little delayed:) Hope you get to enjoy it, this weekend! Thanks so much for the patience!
PCSX ReArmed NEON Xtreme now has CHD Support!
This is something we have all wanted for a considerable amount of time! CHD will ONLY work with the PCSX ReArmed Xtreme Variants. I will go more into detail about those in the next Note Section. Personal thanks to aliaspider, retro-wertz, hizzlekizzle, and the rest of the PCSX Libretro Team, as well as anyone who has ever taken on the challenge of CHD Support for PCSX!
You can use the CHDMAN in Xtras/Tools/PS1 to easily convert bin+cue/iso to .chd! Yes, .chd does have better compression, overall, than eboots (.pbp). But, if you are comfortable with eboots, as they stand...don't worry all too much about going out of your way to get everything into .chd format! The games will not run any better! This is, more or less, a bonus for those who are more limited on space, especially NAND users! You could, additionally, if non-USB-HOST, use the provided tools in PS1 folder, and rip out the music, videos, compress the resulting files to CHD, and easily run a great many games strictly on NAND, if you so wanted to! I have done a multitude of videos regarding this in the NESC days, when USB-HOST did not yet exist! You can refer to my YouTube Video Ripping Tutorials, or ask me. I may do a newer ripping video, as well!
PCSX ReArmed goes even More Xtreme!
As if we couldn't get anymore Xtreme! This time, we are playing around with video plug-ins and other various changes, that will supplement your overall experience on a case by case scenario. Personal thanks to Genderbent and anyone else who had suggested this be looked into! And, great thanks to Madmonkey for helping with the differentials between Plug-Ins! With PCSX ReArmed NEON Xtreme installed, you will now be able to use the following command line perimeters when on NES/SNES:
_km_pcsx_rearmed_neon

• /bin/pcsx (triggers Xtreme NEON Mode Activate!
  • /bin/pcsx-peops (triggers Xtreme PEOPS Mode Activate!
  • /bin/pcsx-standard (triggers Standard Mode Activate!
  • /bin/pcsx-unai (triggers Xtreme UNAI Mode Activate!
Each of these variants have a distinctive difference! I will be showcasing some of these in videos, for sure! Some of the differences might surprise you. But, you will have a nominal performance and speed gain, depending on which game and which variant! If in doubt, use /bin/pcsx or /bin/pcsx-standard If you want to get to new potential heights, go for it, and try out /bin/pcsx-peops and/or /bin/pcsx-unai Some personal test results are as follows:
Xtreme NEON is best, overall, for compatibility, performance, speed.
Xtreme PEOPS should clean up some graphical glitches, such as the cut scenes in Metal Gear Solid. Additionally, in testing, PEOPS allowed me to run even more games in High Definition Mode Activate!
Xtreme UNAI ran fine, albeit with some minor graphical glitches.
All 3 of the above have CHD Support, and can handle games such as Parasite Eve 2, Diablo, NBA Lives, etc, on top of some other previously non-working titles. I also got varying FPS results with/without HD Mode Activated.
Standard is the most stable experience for those who do not want to muck about!
I look forward to any and all responses as far as which variants work best with which games!
NEW Sega Game Gear/Master System Core!
I took this into consideration, being that we do not have much in the way of Game Gear Support. It was a misnomer that PicoDrive supported GG games, for many. It does not, whatsoever, run GG games. I fixed the ReadMe to reflect this. It was a remnant from the very first PicoDrive we put together 2+ years ago, when GG was a typo. But, like the great Gearboy Core, which has very accurate GB/GBC emulation, Gearsystem is equally great for Sega Game Gear/Master System Games. The bonus perk is that you can do custom borders for more than one GG Core, for those of you who are trying to keep one set of borders for Genesis Games, on say PicoDrive, and so on! Thanks to Ignacio Sanchez AKA drhelius, for his tremendous work on Gearboy and Gearsystem! Note, in Xtras/PERM-CHEATS-PATCHING, is an incredible patch to make Metroid 2: Samus Returns look almost spot on and indistinguishable from an NES game!
Introducing QUASI88, an PC-8801 Core!
This one makes me quite happy, and is capable of running some truly and uniquely interesting games, as you will see in my video demonstration below! Several of these games were on both Sharp1 and PC-88 Computers. This particular Core emulates PC-88! BIOS are accounted for in the Xtras/BIOS section. Thanks for the assist on this, Madmonkey! And, thank you, Showzoh Fukunaga, for your work on the Emulator! And, finally, thank you celerizer and anyone else on the libretro side, working on this really cool Core! Note: this is in the lineage of NEC computers, such as PC-98, which runs the incredible Castlevani'esque game, Rusty!
By the way, QUASI88 supports the obscure Super Mario Bros. Special!
There are some "Nintendo" games on PC-88 which are quite entertaining to behold. Super Mario Bros. Special, Mario Bros. Special, Punch Ball Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong 3: Dai Gyakushuu, some of which will be covered in my video! Due to hardware limitations, at the time, some caveats, sacrifice wise, had to be made. Be sure to check out the video!
EasyRPG Updated!
This incredible game engine is capable of running RPG Maker 2000/2003 Games! I give personal thanks to AriaOnThePlanetes and NichoMania2 for helping test and confirm some changes. Most originating English Games work great. Some translations might turn up encoding errors, which may be fixed in a future Update, once command line perimeters and whichever dependencies are accounted for.
Add the .ldb as a game, uncompressed. Then, copy the rest of the pertinent files into the same folder. Do not use the .ini as a game loader, despite it previously working as such. PSC Users, simply use the entire folder, as a game! Ghabry, thanks for your dedication to this project, as well as any people who have ever worked on RPG Maker!
Game & Watch Updated!
Thank you, leiradel, for helping fix up two great games, that had always crashed before...dkong and dkong2! This great Core is even better now!
The Videos!
SNES Classic - Stan Bush "Drum" Mode Activate - Pumped for Next Update!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx2oKBcW1wc
SNES Classic - OpenBOR Friggin Full Speed Ahead + Konami Code Conspiracy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WeW0-tRkFE
SNES Classic - OpenBOR Beats of Rage Full Speed! NES Micro Mages Homebrew!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-V47sogs1E
To Do WIP List!
A few more, in the works, Cores/Emulators, that may work on either/or, the Mini NES/SNES/PSC; More touch-ups to RetroArch Xtreme; Some Add-Ons may still have additional compression worked in, to save precious NAND space; More Games for Mod Hub, and so on:) And, of course, now that crunch time is over, I can finally catch up on messages! Thank you all for being patient and supportive, in the meantime!
Final Notes!
I had been asked consistently about when I would get the Update, and did my absolute best to get it out on 5-18, as I tentatively stated it to be. Some things made it into the Update, which I have not covered in the Release Notes. They will show up in videos, or you may discover them on your own...in this Open World Modding Adventure! Enjoy the Update! See you all again, soon!
Sincerely, KMFDManic!
Enjoy:)!
https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases

submitted by /u/MDFMKanic
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “NES Classic Edition Forum”