Hello there

For all Supergun and Consolized motherboard discussion.

Arcade-Projects
Corporate

Hello there

Post by Arcade-Projects »

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the arcade community and recently purchased my first cabinet, Groove Coaster 4. I first played this game in Japan and had a lot of fun. When I got back home I found it at a local arcade and was going every weekend or so to play. Soon enough I found a cabinet for sale online and bought it.

I use to be a console hacker and spent a lot of years hacking games and gaming consoles. This cabinet was especially interesting to me for 2 reasons: the nesica card system, and Groove Coaster having a lot of content locked without a connection to official nesica servers.

When I got the cabinet I spent the first 2 hours playing the game and then immediately ripped the PC out the back and started hacking away. It took 3.5 weeks of on and off reverse engineering the game and I was able to unlock all of the Groove Coaster 4 content that is normally locked. The entire process was a lot of fun and because of how much security the Taito Type X Zero machine had it reminded me a lot of hacking a gaming consoles.

I'm hoping to meet some other people interested in the Taito Type X machines to see what other interesting devices there are out there I might have a crack at.

Nice to meet you all!

More...

Return to “Modified Moderboards”