Announcing the r/wii discord

[Released: 2006] Along with early models being fully backward compatible with all Gamecube games, the system introduced the "Wii Remote" which added a physical side. The Wii has sold 100.04 million consoles worldwide.

/Wii
Corporate

Announcing the r/wii discord

Post by /Wii »

TL;DR: We made a discord. You should join it. The link is https://discord.gg/smJYMJd.
[HR][/HR] Hey everyone,
Recently I was trying to find someone to chat with real time, so I tried to find a wii server. After a long and fruitless search, I found that none existed- the closest thing I found was the /r/gamecube server. So, I asked the other mods, and now we have a discord server.
If you don't know what Discord is, it's a chat service reminiscent of IRC or Skype and based off the Slack UI. If you don't know what any of those are, fear not. Discord is basically a real-time chat service with flexible uses. You can read more about Discord on the official site here. Downloading the app is not required but I have personally found that it makes the interface smoother.
So, without further ado, I present to you the official r/wii discord!
If you would like to join, please take a moment to review the #rules channel. The server is pretty small and barren at this time, so we've made #meta a suggestions channel.
There are also topic-specific channels on an opt-in basis. For example, if you like zelda but hate mario, you can opt-in for the zelda channel.
The mod team would also like to delegate some people to run the server so we can focus on /r/wii. So if you're a powertripping dude with an anime profile picture interested in growing and maintaining a server, we will likely hold a moderator search in the near future.
And finally, once we've established ourselves some, we'd like to hold events, such as giveaways or game nights. The details of these are still being worked out.
Thank you for reading through this- looking forward to see you all!

submitted by /u/Umbresp
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “Wii Forum”