Mame for Taito Type X2 on Niko's v1.4 multi

For all Supergun and Consolized motherboard discussion.

Arcade-Projects
Corporate

Mame for Taito Type X2 on Niko's v1.4 multi

Post by Arcade-Projects »

Hi all,

@Dreygor and I have been going back and forth for the past week and a half on how to easily run MAME games from Niko's Multi v1.4 and I thought I would share the methods and scripts for anyone who may be interested in trying it out. As a disclaimer I am not a programmer, but thought this would be fun to learn something new. My long winded notes and install instructions are in the ReadMe file attached. If it's confusing just ask. Here are some of the highlights of what is included in the download and what they do.

1) MAME v.200 (newest) with "forced" direct input support
2) CJVS mapped to default MAME controls, based on the tools provided by @corey
3) Script that will launch an individual game from @Niko Menu or @atrfate Front End
4) Script in the MAME directory that you can launch to open the MAME UI from Niko's menu or Atrfate's Front End and then you can launch whatever roms you put in from there.

Here is a link to my Google Drive which has the MAME build (sorry no roms I think that would be a forum faux pas), an example game structure, the working scripts and instructions where they need to be. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to try and help.

drive.google.com/open?id=1E9krnTCIJGSqWBxW3zZL2HrNt84TCuDs

I also have Primal Rage 2 available, using MAME4RAGE2, if you want to try that out.

If this is against the rules, I apologize to the admins in advance.

More...

Return to “Modified Moderboards”