Introducing BBQPi version 2 (now called Maverick.bbq): an open-source, BBQ temperature monitor for use with the Maverick

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

Introducing BBQPi version 2 (now called Maverick.bbq): an open-source, BBQ temperature monitor for use with the Maverick

Post by /RaspberryPi »

5 years ago I submitted version 1 of this project. I have finally completed version 2.

What is Maverick.bbq?

If you like making BBQ there's a good chance you own a Maverick ET-732 wireless digital thermometer. This allows you to monitor your BBQ remotely up to 100 ft away via radio frequency. However, if you are in for a long smoke there's a chance you may want to leave your house at some point during those 12 hours of low-and slow-cooking but still want to continue to monitor the temperatures remotely.

Maverick.bbq to the rescue. This is software (and requires 1 piece of hardware, an RF module for the Pi) that will intercept and decode the transmission from the Maverick Thermometer and record the temperature and time information in a database. The GUI then allows you to view this information over the web on a webserver hosted on the pi, including graphs, stats, notes, and remote control of stopping/starting recording sessions.

New features in version 2:
  • Temperature alerts. in-app, email, and/or push alerts to your devices.
  • Optimized for mobile/tablet
  • New redesign/interface
  • Custom graph colors
  • Cook statistics
  • Progressive Web App (installable on desktop/phone)
  • Improved security and bug fixes

I hope you enjoy and I look forward to hearing your feedback!

Maverick.bbq version 2

Demo (plz don't break my site). I have backed up my db so feel free to login with password "password" and check out the admin side. I even left the thermometer running so you can start a "cook" and see real data if you'd like.
submitted by /u/Produkt
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/c ... ow_called/
/RaspberryPi

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”