RPi3B Plex server wont find libraries. Permissions?

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

RPi3B Plex server wont find libraries. Permissions?

Post by /RaspberryPi »

I previously had my desktop PC setup as the Plex server and everything worked perfectly. I removed the hard drive from the PC and put it in an external enclosure and plug it into the Pi via USB-A. Fresh brand new install of Raspberry OS desktop via the image tool. Then I followed the walkthrough on "pi mylife up" for setting up the Plex server (this subreddit doesnt like that name). All seems to go well. I pull up Plex via the web tool (IP address:32400/web/) and add my libraries. Doesn't find anything. Keep in mind this entire hard drive was previously working perfectly for Plex purposes, so it's not a file naming issue.

I've tried renaming the folders to remove spaces. I've tried moving a file further up the folder tree and just naming it "test", and Plex still shows no files. I have used the sudo chown -R commands, as shown at the end of that walkthrough. The command takes about 4mins so it seems to work. No changes.

Regular file explorer reads the hard drive and plays the videos just fine.
submitted by /u/firebirdude
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/c ... rmissions/
/RaspberryPi

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”