RPi4 Travel NordVPN Gateway Broke After Update

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

RPi4 Travel NordVPN Gateway Broke After Update

Post by /RaspberryPi »

Hi everyone!
I had my RPi4 running for over a year now with NordVPN set to autoconnect to an obfuscated server (via Wi-Fi connection from a router) whenever my RPi4 was powered on, and share connection via ethernet to whatever device/devices I had connected on the other end. This setup was pretty difficult for me to figure out in the first place since I'm fairly new to these things, but it was the only thing that worked for me and was super great when travelling.

I used the following single command saved in my /etc/rc.local file:
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o tun0 -j MASQUERADE

and dnsmasq

and that seemed to work perfectly.

Until this evening, when NordVPN wasn't connecting anymore and I had to update it. After a bit of work, I managed to get NordVPN up and running on the RPi4 itself.

However, now I can't seem to get the 'sharing' of the connection working.

I noticed that the network interface related to NordVPN was no longer tun0 but is now called "nordtun" - so i tried replace tun0 to nordtun in my iptables bit, but still nothing. I can see the Pi is connected to the obfuscated server, and I can ping 8.8.8.8 , but I just can't for the life of me figure out what else changed to break my 'internet sharing'.

Any advice, or experience would be greatly appreciated!
submitted by /u/AnonymousRyze
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/c ... er_update/
/RaspberryPi

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”