Pico W, VSCode, MicroPico extension

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

Pico W, VSCode, MicroPico extension

Post by /RaspberryPi »

I have the above setup for prototyping, connecting via USB. What is a good iterative workflow?

Right now the workflow I have seems hacky and inconsistent.

To reset, I am unplugging the Pico and plugging it back in. I ordered a USB cable with a switch so I don't have to wear out my ports. I tried grounding run to reset, but it never seemed to reset properly in the environment. I find myself having to close my workspace in VS code and reopen it regularly. And for good measure I am deleting all files on Pico and then re-uploading the project via the VS code commands.

Getting the micro Pico extension to connect when I first power on seems inconsistent if I already have a program loaded. So I have added code to end the app if a specific GPIO is set.

Any pointers to your workflow in this setup would be appreciated!

EDIT: Host OS is Ubuntu 22.04.

EDIT: Also using the MicroPython UF2.

EDIT: I plan to switch to TinyGo for performance eventually, but Python setup and coding is quicker for prototyping.
submitted by /u/YeNerdLifeChoseMe
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/c ... extension/
/RaspberryPi

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”