Install Transmission (version 4 or older, there's no in apt)

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

Install Transmission (version 4 or older, there's no in apt)

Post by /RaspberryPi »

I have Raspberry Pi 3B+.

I used Raspbian 9 "Stretch" and Transmission (transmission-daemon) 2.x (I didn't remember exact version). I installed this just by: sudo apt install transmission-daemon.

But this version of Transmission was a little bugged (mobile UI with bugs, performance issues). I read that new version of Transmission resolved those issues.

I tried install new, but in apt there are no new version.

I tried upgrade my Raspbian from 9 "Stretch" to 11 "Bullseye", but it goes wrong and ended up with new installation.

But in "Bullseye" there is only one version of Transmission 3.00-1 (i checked sudo apt list transmission-daemon). This version is even more bugged (after adding a torrent whole proces froze; bugged UI: duplicate and can't remove torrent).

What I should do?

Because now I even can't install old working 2.x version (there is no in apt). I don't want install older OS just to install older Transmission.

Which version of Transmission do you recommend?

If older version (2.x), how to install it?

If newer version (4.x or 3.x newer than 3.00), how to install it?

I tried install Transmission 4 in two ways: install deb package (this way) or build from source (this way - inspiration), but both ways end up with errors. Maybe I don't know how to it properly, but I even don't know it's proper way.

I just need to install working Transmission. It's weird that no working deb package in apt repository for new OS.

submitted by /u/mk321
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/c ... theres_no/
/RaspberryPi

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”