PS3 is not turning on after restart updating

[Released: 2006] The PS3 was the first console to use Blu-ray Disc as its primary storage medium. In September 2009 the updated PlayStation 3 Slim, was released. A further refined Super Slim design was also released.

/p3
Corporate

PS3 is not turning on after restart updating

Post by /p3 »

Hello friends, my I turn on my old PS3 and tried to login in to my PS account it said me to update to the latest software version to log in. So I had to update it and everything went fine. But I don't know what happened after restarting completing the update. It didn't turn up as it should be. Instead of it gave me the YLOD error when I try to power on it again.

The console was working perfectly before this happened, and even It's in good shape also.( I have previously cleaned it and replaced thermals also) So I thought there is no way of error happening about those heat issues and other electronics kinda error.

Since it happened during the update process, I tried removing hard drive and I wanted to know whether something happened to it. So I plugged it into my PC and it recognised it as "deleted" state in device management. It even didn't show the capacity or anything. So I thought to format it completely, as MBR.

Also I power up console without hard disk before putting it again..and this happened (See video) But after putting it again and try to power on it still getting the YLOD.

Any Ideas to fix this?🥲
submitted by /u/KavinduGP
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS3/comments/1 ... _updating/
/p3

Return to “PlayStation 3 Forum”