Kaico HDMI Adapter - stripes on image due to pixel clock difference, what can I do?

[Released: 1998] Born out of Sega's darkest hour to decide whether the company stays in the hardware business. Even though it didn't officially last long in the US, it was continued selling in Japan and spawned some great 2D Japanese shooters.

/dreamcast
Corporate

Kaico HDMI Adapter - stripes on image due to pixel clock difference, what can I do?

Post by /dreamcast »

Hey everyone, Im a original DC kid from 9/9/99 (my best friend got it on launch I had to wait until Christmas that year lol) and just recently I picked up a Dreamcast to play and get back into it.

I have a very small gameroom (no room for a CRT) and I have an LG 50" 4K wall mounted. After doing some looking around online I went with the Kaico HDMI adapter as it was "plug and play." The image quality is fine with me but I have the issues with the striping all across the screen vertically as is common with these and other cheap adapters. I am aware some people say to tweak the pixel clock and all that but my TV is fairly new and I dont have any of those options. It ONLY has 4 HDMI ports, no Composite, Component, S-Video, or VGA sadly.

What is the best way I can get this to look good without the stripes on my TV, im not opposed to using a upscaler like an OSSC (I dont currently have one) but from what I can tell the RetroTink 5x is the best option for multiple systems, However I am not prepared to shell out over 300 bucks for one lol.

Is there some kind of adapter that could go between the Kaico and the TV to correct the pixel clock?

Thanks for any ideas I really appreciate it!
submitted by /u/Gourmet_Chia
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/dreamcast/comm ... _to_pixel/
/dreamcast

Return to “Dreamcast Forums”