Dreamcast reading CD but not Copy of SA1

[Released: 1998] Born out of Sega's darkest hour to decide whether the company stays in the hardware business. Even though it didn't officially last long in the US, it was continued selling in Japan and spawned some great 2D Japanese shooters.

/dreamcast
Corporate

Dreamcast reading CD but not Copy of SA1

Post by /dreamcast »

Hello, I am a new Dreamcast owner and I bought mine from a very reputable seller for a normal price. I have a disc for Sonic Adventure 1 and when I put it in the Dreamcast could not read it. It would tell me to insert a disc and when I did it would say it was checking it, but after a while, the checking text would go away. It seems like it can't register the disc once it reads it, and it won't go past the startup screen if I start it with the disc in. I thought my lasers were fried but I put in a CD and it can read and play the audio from it just fine, but when I called a local game store they said it could be reading audio and not video. Is there any way I can test the video without a real Dreamcast disc? Thank you for reading.

(P.S I do not want to get a GDemu at all I would replace the laser if it came down to it)
submitted by /u/EggKyodai
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/dreamcast/comm ... py_of_sa1/
/dreamcast

Return to “Dreamcast Forums”