Gripes with docker and my raspi4b being all arm64, armhf and aarch64 at the same time.

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

Gripes with docker and my raspi4b being all arm64, armhf and aarch64 at the same time.

Post by /RaspberryPi »

EDIT 3: Found out my actual architecture is arm32v8, and not arm64v8 like most assume when talking about v8. The joy of ambiguous terminology.

Where I got my answer.

So let me get this straight:
  • My raspi4 CPU is arm64, so 64bit. (System specs)
  • My raspi4 OS is armhf, so 32bit. (sudo dpkg --print-architecture)
  • That makes the whole system aarch64. (uname -m)

Let's take the official docker image of PHPMyAdmin*.
  • If I pull "mariadb", I get "no matching manifest for linux/arm/v8 in the manifest list entries".
  • If I pull "arm64v8/PHPMyAdmin", the container don't work.
  • If I pull "arm32v7/PHPMyAdmin", I get access denied.

What I am supposed to do here?

EDIT: I don't understand why my docker setup behave the way it does. If it's a 32bit OS, why does it search for x64 images? The 32bit armhf is being deprecated everywhere, but arm32 is still widely available. And yet it's talked about as if it's the same thing. I don't get it.

EDIT 2: Got my wires crossed. Was mentionning MariaDB, when I meant PHPMyAdmin. The two are meant to be used together, but MariaDB doesn't support arm below 64bit.
submitted by /u/Chokawai
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/c ... all_arm64/
/RaspberryPi

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”