Getting started with my first GameCube

[Released: 2001] The GameCube, with the Game Boy Player attachment, it is able to play Game Boy/Color, and Game Boy Advance titles. It's successor, the Wii, supports backward compatibility. Panasonic released a DVD player hybrid Gamecube.

/gamecube
Corporate

Getting started with my first GameCube

Post by /gamecube »

Hi there, everyone.
I've been eyeing a GameCube for a while now, considering I just got my first GBA the other day, and I'd like to make good use of it. I do have a few questions I'd like to get out of my head, hoping someone can help me with them. In short, I am mainly going to use my GameCube for playing GCN games, and some GBA-GCN connectivity between Pokémon Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen/Ruby/Sapphire and Pokémon Colosseum/XD, nothing too fancy.
  1. I've heard there's a small chip called Swiss which allows you to play game backups, but it appears to be pretty much sold out, does anyone know where to buy IT? Is it emulation or native gameplay? Do I need something else for playing GCN games, or any other alternatives? I have heard of this Picoboot chip, but I don't quite know how to solder.
  2. What's the best place to buy one (Spain)? There are some local second-hand sellers, but I want to compare every possible option. There also appears to be some very tempting Japanese GameCubes on eBay, in a very good condition, some of them including the Game Boy Player. Question is if I will run into any language issues if I'm going to use Swiss.
  3. What other accessories and would you recommend me for the definitive GCN experience? Component cables, controllers, adapters and so on.
  4. Perhaps a shot in the dark, but can anyone confirm connectivity works between the Colosseum/XD/Box/Channel games (or even the Game Boy Player) while using a EZ Flash Omega DE flashcart in their GBAs, or would I need to use an original GBA cartridge?

submitted by /u/InvisibleAds545
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Gamecube Forum”