Repairing Xbox 360 disc tray, open tray.

[Released: 2005] As the second console from Microsoft, the XBOX 360 completely sold out upon release in all regions except in Japan. About 33% of all consoles became defective making it the most unreliable console ever created.

/xB360
Corporate

Repairing Xbox 360 disc tray, open tray.

Post by /xB360 »

I’ve recently gotten my xbox from my old house and am attempting to get it running well but I will need some help diagnosing which issue it could be hopefully I appreciate any help. The first problem is the disc reading. Tray will open and close and spin the disc aswell, it spins it and stops about 5 times then it has the open tray. I’ve taken the box apart dusted it, taken a q tip to the laser with no cleaning solution, didn’t have any really. Put it all back together and I’d like to say it tested the disk for longer but still nothing. Also I’d like to add when I took the disk drive apart on the bottom there was this chip, it had a lot of glue around it like it had gotten hot and spread out and I’ve also heard that they have some cooling problems which that might be my problem but if anybody has any other clues my next step is to replace the laser although it seems to function and shine it doesn’t read disc I suppose. Thanks :)

submitted by /u/Nickh5817
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Xbox 360 Forum”