PSP 1000 Assistance

[Released: 2004] The PSP is the only handheld console to use an optical disc format as its primary storage medium. Other distinguishing features of the console include its large viewing screen and robust multi-media capabilities.

/psp
Corporate

PSP 1000 Assistance

Post by /psp »

I bought a pack of broken PSP 1000s, and managed to scrape together one functional chunker out of the dirty mess they sent me. It was working aside from the Card Reader. I went in, replaced the card reader, and it seemed to be bricked. I didn't have any original batteries anymore, but I did have a few CS PSP 1000 batteries, so I figured I'd just wing it and see if it would do the job of a Pandora. At any rate, I put my Pandora stick in there, and to my surprise, it launched. But then it crashed after a few seconds. This was consistent. I just need a few seconds more to launch into CFW and presumably fix this thing with a reinstall (The card reader originally broke while installing cfw).
With this battery how it is, I am getting it to turn on about 1/10 times. Most times it stays dark, sometimes it lights up and freezes. The rest I can interact with the menu for a few seconds.
Does anyone have any advice for a possible quick fix outside of just ordering an original battery (I tried this earlier, got a fake one, it's hard to tell what they'll send you at this point.)

submitted by /u/Caffinatorpotato
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “PlayStation Portable Forum”