Saves from various regions US - JP - PAL

[Released: 2001] The GameCube, with the Game Boy Player attachment, it is able to play Game Boy/Color, and Game Boy Advance titles. It's successor, the Wii, supports backward compatibility. Panasonic released a DVD player hybrid Gamecube.

/gamecube
Corporate

Saves from various regions US - JP - PAL

Post by /gamecube »

I've got a small selection of import games and I guess in some respects I've poked the bear maybe but just not been bit so far and was hoping to get somethings cleared up.
Currently I own 3-4 Hudson Selects, Doshin the Giant(PAL), and also Nintendo Puzzle Collection and Dragon Drive.
As it sits currently the copy of Doshin I miraculously found locally a number of years ago came with a memory card on it someone wrote PAL, so out of caution I've just used that specific card with Doshin alone.
The Japanese games I've not isolated, intermixed them with my current US save files and I've never had an issue. I've in the past had Shikigami no Shiro II and Radirgy and they caused no problem, none of the others have either.
Been considering grabbing Mr Driller Drill Land as it's pretty cheap and the series is fun, and yes I know I could get it on Switch imported physical or Steam too. I saw that one has issues, maybe save killing on a card, or having garbled text (Shikigami no Shiro had this) which is not a huge issue.

So I'm curious what are the facts on save corruption, save killing, or other wonky stuff as on here, general websites, I'm seeing conflicting information as one person will say X game will kill your saves, or don't use US and JP together. I've stored JP-US for years with no problem, so I"m curious how much of this is misinformation, disinformation, confusion, or me with having really good luck so far??
Thanks.

submitted by /u/tanooki-suit
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Gamecube Forum”