Re-shell dilemma

[Released: 2004] The PSP is the only handheld console to use an optical disc format as its primary storage medium. Other distinguishing features of the console include its large viewing screen and robust multi-media capabilities.

/psp
Corporate

Re-shell dilemma

Post by /psp »

Image I recently dug up my old PSP at my parwnts' and want to blow some new life in it. I've already flashed CFW 6.61 successfully and tested with a 64gb micro SD card adapter. I'm going to install an IPS display as well.
Now I'm sure if I should keep the original white enclosure or go with a translucent case... I think the blue one would give a nice 00'ies retro vibe in combination with the original white d-pad, buttons & thumbstick. (I'm currently trying to de-yellow them with hydrogen peroxide)
The original white front looks relatively clean at first sight, but it has a small crack on the right and the screw "lip" on the bottom has broken off. I'd install a new silver bumper and new shoulder buttons as well. I might as well buy the full shell since most of the times those parts are included as well.
Anybody who got lucky with one of those translucent blue cases? Got a link to one with a good fit? Or are they pretty much all the same quality on Aliexpress?

submitted by /u/pieterv1
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “PlayStation Portable Forum”