Thinking about modding my SP...

[Released: 1989] The Game Boy is Nintendo's second handheld system following the Game & Watch series. Despite many other technologically superior handheld consoles introduced during its lifetime, the Game Boy was a tremendous success.

/gameboy
Corporate

Thinking about modding my SP...

Post by /gameboy »

Not sure if I'll ever pull the trigger on modding my SP since it's not in terrible shape and functions well. Besides having an AGS-001 screen that has a bit of dust under the lens, the buttons are fine, the hinges are fine, the audio is fine, the battery is fine. The shell is a bit scuffed but I've seen way worse lol.
If I ever do decide to do it though, I want to make sure I have the correct items on my shopping list. I've gone over the guides/wikis and I think I got it but I'd like to double check with y'all just in case.
I don't need anything else right? The shell comes with the buttons and stickers, it requires OEM hinges but my SP still has those (though I heard they're hard to get out, so maybe get some anyhow). I know I'd have to solder the screen which I am a tad nervous about since I haven't done that in years and only once on my Pokemon Gold cart for the battery (and my dad helped me). I might do one of those practice boards first. I am comfortable taking apart consoles/controllers/cartridges though, done that many times.
I still feel like I'm missing something, that I would need more than just these items? I've never modded anything before.

submitted by /u/apollofox
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Game Boy Forum”