Favorite GBA multiplayer games?

[Released: 1989] The Game Boy is Nintendo's second handheld system following the Game & Watch series. Despite many other technologically superior handheld consoles introduced during its lifetime, the Game Boy was a tremendous success.

/gameboy
Corporate

Favorite GBA multiplayer games?

Post by /gameboy »

The world of GBA multiplayer Is something I don't think many people talk about because of how much equipment needed, two copies of the same game, a link cable or possibly a 4 way link cable that meant everyone squeezing together and not fiddling with the cable which Is why I don't think a lot of us experienced It
The first thing that comes to mind Is pokemon but If I remember correctly you have to beat both games If you want to trade between gen 3 and the gen 1 remakes and pokemon fire red did ship with the wireless adapter, curious how well that worked
I recently became Interested In GBA multiplayer when I saw pre-release footage of Sonic Advance where they show off the multiplayer and that Just looked so crazy to me having 4 characters, Sonic, Amy, Knuckles and Tails running around the same map with seperate screens, I want to experience that!
The remake of Mario Bros that came Included with pretty much every mario game on GBA had a 4 player mode which was crazy to see
Noone ever really talks about Mario Kart Super Circuit, easily the most underrated mario kart.. what I found Interesting was each player was represented by a colored yoshi a concept that was reused In mario 64 DS but still interesting to see on the GBA
So yeah, the GBA multiplayer was something not everyone got to experience and with the DS being wireless and having download play that was much more popular(also flashcarts for full on multiplayer)
Do you have any fun stories or interesting things about GBA multiplayer? I never experienced this so I'm very curious

submitted by /u/Caolan114
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Game Boy Forum”