Xbox 360 slim turns on and then off instantly

[Released: 2005] As the second console from Microsoft, the XBOX 360 completely sold out upon release in all regions except in Japan. About 33% of all consoles became defective making it the most unreliable console ever created.

/xB360
Corporate

Xbox 360 slim turns on and then off instantly

Post by /xB360 »

Image Hello, looking for some help. My Xbox 360 slim (manufactured in 2010) was working completely fine. Recently, I tried to turn it on, the Xbox light flashed green but the power supply light was red.
I purchased a new power supply from Amazon, and this one has an orange light. When I turn the Xbox on, it has a green light, beeps and the power supply light turns green for half a second and then turns off. The power supply light returns to orange.
So far I have: - tried unplugging the power supply, Xbox etc. and plugging it back in - tried different HDMI ports, power outlets and TVs - taken apart the Xbox and cleaned dust with compressed ai - checked the ribbon - checked USB ports (no pins touching other surfaces) - the capacitors don’t look fried (but I am not an expert) - tried turning on the Xbox with the hard drive connected and disconnected - tried to do a manual reset but since the Xbox only turns on for half a second, I can’t get it to reset
I’d appreciate any other tips or fixes if you know of them, thank you!

submitted by /u/beansontoast3537
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Xbox 360 Forum”