GBA cartridge repair help

[Released: 1989] The Game Boy is Nintendo's second handheld system following the Game & Watch series. Despite many other technologically superior handheld consoles introduced during its lifetime, the Game Boy was a tremendous success.

/gameboy
Corporate

GBA cartridge repair help

Post by /gameboy »

Image Let me preface this by saying I am by no means an expert on repairing electronics, so any help and advice is greatly appreciated. I recently asked my stepdad to help me replace the battery on my Pokémon Emerald cartridge since he has a soldering iron and some experience soldering. He was able to replace the battery, but in the process one of the pins was damaged and pulled off by the solder on the bottom right section of the chip on the left (circled in red). Now when I try to boot up the game, I get the GameBoy logo just fine, but then it goes to a blank white screen. Is there any hope of repairing this to make the game functional again? I’d prefer something more simple, but I had thought of getting a Japanese copy of the game since they go for much cheaper and swapping out the chip with one that isn’t damaged. Definitely would prefer to keep the repair as cheap and simple as possible. Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/kokiriemeralds
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Game Boy Forum”