Is my PS2 just unmoddable?

[Released: 2000] The PS2 was video game console of all time, selling over 150 million units. More than 3,800 game titles have been released for the PS2 since launch, and more than 1.5 billion copies have been sold.

/playstation2
Corporate

Is my PS2 just unmoddable?

Post by /playstation2 »

Have a launch PAL PS2, version 1.xx on all the things. I understand on the compatibility table, mine is 'partial' for Freedvdboot.
I have bought 'legit' FMCB online things like memory cards, dvds, even burned my own many times in all the different ways.
The dvds never work (ok, we knew this might happen). BUT all the FMCB memory cards appear bogus, AND I can't make one (see above). The PS2 just hangs on a black boot screen with one of the cards, the others do nothing. Browser also shows different numbers of files on each card, so they all are different cards.
My limited knowledge tells me that BOOT should be a root file on the card, but it's a folder on these cards. Will that be an issue as to why no booting occurs?
So, I bought a 2TB SATA HDD (bought as a 'PS2 loaded hdd') which was found to just be a blank new hdd. That's cool, a blank canvas. But I can't format it (even WinHIIp wpnt recognise it for formatting)! I would love to use wELf, but I need a proper FMCB card to fprmat off the PS2!
Options? Change the PS2? Source for legit memory cards?
Edit: Different internal HDD with smaller capacity?

submitted by /u/angrynakedant
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “PlayStation 2 Forum”