The time when the GameCube was in my elementary school.

[Released: 2001] The GameCube, with the Game Boy Player attachment, it is able to play Game Boy/Color, and Game Boy Advance titles. It's successor, the Wii, supports backward compatibility. Panasonic released a DVD player hybrid Gamecube.

/gamecube
Corporate

The time when the GameCube was in my elementary school.

Post by /gamecube »

This was during when I was in 4th grade (2011-12) and I have a special classroom I go to at 45 minutes before the end of each day. It's a classroom specifically for Special Ed students like those with disabilities, and it was located inside a portable connected to another classroom. When first walking in, there's a CRT TV on a ceiling hanger in the back right corner of the room, and hooked up was a purple GameCube system with 2 controllers and 3 games.
Those 3 games were Super Monkey Ball (the one I played the most), Donkey Konga (We had the bongos for it), and Jimmy Neutron: Jet Fusion (I never played). I do recall beating both Beginner and Advanced in Super Monkey Ball, but I never finished Expert due to time constraints. Other students in the class I saw them play Donkey Konga with one trying to play the Pokemon theme and Kirby Right Back At Ya theme. Another time I saw one try out the Jimmy Neutron game, but couldn't figure out how to get past the first level.
I feel like today now that we have moved on with smartphones and chromebooks, it's very likely kids would never get the same experience of having a game console set up in their classroom to play during free time than using their smart devices for games.

submitted by /u/NinjaMario02
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Gamecube Forum”