New Arrival – Electrocoin Goliath

Bringing the arcade home. Forum for arcade owners.

Japan Arcade Gaming
Too Cool for Ghouls

New Arrival – Electrocoin Goliath

Post by Japan Arcade Gaming »

My latest arcade purchase came as a bit of a surprise. I remember the rows of Goliaths down the seafront back in the day. A truly iconic machine indelibly seared deep into my arcade memories.

[CENTER]Image

[/CENTER]
It was actually my parents who spotted it for sale in a local antique shop.[color=inherit] Their description wasn’t the most helpful, basically saying it was all the colours of the rainbow and a grubby old thing! I sent the wife to investigate as I was working away from home. Apparently the machine was working, but the shop owner couldn’t find a power lead.[/color]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

The antique shop has some really interesting bits, and I always enjoy having a look round.[color=inherit] The great thing is you never really know what you’re going to find. A couple of years ago they had a nice looking ‘Winner’ cab, a Pong clone and apparently the first cabinet by Bally, dated 1973. The cab was bought by a fellow arcade collector.[/color]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Here are some more pics of the antique shop.

[CENTER]Image

Image[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image

Image[/CENTER]

Moon Flight, a pinball table released by Zaccaria in 1976. [color=inherit] This was already sold.[/color]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

A nice looking Bang & Olufsen CRT on a motorised stand.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

A bear, a horse and a Dalek walk into a bar.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Now this was a blast from the past![color=inherit] I remember these down the arcades, they were always a bit of a giggle. It’s been years since I’ve seen one, in fact I had forgotten all about them![/color]

[CENTER]Image

Image[/CENTER]

They also had some console games, including relatively modern titles as well as a couple of random Japanese Sega Megadrive games amongst some camera lenses.

[CENTER]Image

Image[/CENTER]

The wife managed to get the Goliath for a cracking price.[color=inherit] I didn’t get to see it until it turned up, and I was pleasantly surprised with its condition. In fact it’s the mintiest mint Goliath I’ve ever seen. The monitor glass was included, I just had to go back and pick it up. I tried to find out a bit more about the history of the cab when I returned for the glass. It turns out the person the shop owner bought it from is a big collector of seventies and eighties items. He’s had the machine in his home for the last twenty years, and is currently having a bit of a clear out. The cab does have a PCB inside, most likely Olympic Soccer ’92, but so far I’ve only gave the machine a quick look over and haven’t tested it yet.[/color]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

More...

Return to “Arcade & Candy Cabinets”