Games without saves - how the HECK do you play them?

[Released: 1990] The SNES was the best-selling console of the 16-bit era despite its relatively late start and the fierce competition it faced. The console was able to run some of the first three-dimensional video games on consoles, beginning with Star Fox.

/snes
Corporate

Games without saves - how the HECK do you play them?

Post by /snes »

As someone who grew up on the N64 era, saves were always a thing for me. The only games I had on SNES were the Nintendo platformers, and all had saves. DKC, SMW, etc. No issue saving your games.
Those games are easy to get into, easy to get out of. Play a level or 2, then get back to your adult life doing whatever you gotta do
As I look to reimmerse myself in SNES gaming, a bunch of the heavily revered titles seem to have NO saves at all - not even passwords! It seems you have to play through these games in a single setting, and I rarely have a few hours to just sit at my console and just play straight through like that.
So how did (or do) you guys play these kind of games? I know save states are a thing with some newer hardware (FX Pak, emulators), and I know you can always pause and leave your console on. But do you guys really have the time to just plonker down and play each game to completion a few hours at a time each go through? How would you advise a newcomer to these games experience these games?

submitted by /u/agvrider
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Super Nintendo Forum”