RPi 4 doesn't recognise any usb device on first boot. Detects them only after a reboot.

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

RPi 4 doesn't recognise any usb device on first boot. Detects them only after a reboot.

Post by /RaspberryPi »

So I have a raspberry pi 4 running which is connected to a smart plug. The pi shuts down at midnight and the smart plug turns off 10 mins later. The plug then turns on at 7am which boots up the pi. Now here's where the issue arises, I have a external usb drive that I have connected to my pi and relevant fstab entries also added. But when the pi first boots in the morning, it does not recognise the hdd. Even unplugging and replugging it doesn't make it show up. While the pi is up I also tried to connect a small 32gb flash drive I had lying around but even that didn't show up. The only way the hdd gets detected is if I reboot the pi. After the reboot, the hdd is mounted properly as per the fstab entry and now even plugging in the flash drive makes it show up. So I've been trying to figure out what goes wrong in that initial boot in the morning for the pi to not detect any usb devices? This previously worked fine for like 6 months, then my sd card (Samsung Evo plus) died on me. Now I have a new SanDisk ultra card running 64bit raspberry pi os and I've been facing this issue since.

submitted by /u/ECLIPSE_SUPREMASICT
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”