Feeling sorry for myself with the pool controller I built

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

Feeling sorry for myself with the pool controller I built

Post by /RaspberryPi »

I have solar on my pool and the controller failed a couple of years ago. Replacements are thousands of dollars and are extremely clunky with minimal features. So I decided to build my own.
Pi, thermistors, relays, valve actuators, node Red, firebase, data logging the rise and fall of the roof and pool temperatures, native Android app, etc. It's taken me a couple of seasons to get it fully dialed in but I'm pretty happy with it.
But, one of the actuators just failed. The one that controls the waterfall which I think is the coolest part of what I've built. It wasn't great that people had to turn on the pump and then adjust the manual diverter valve. I'd get regular questions about how to do it, phone calls while I'm at work, or people just wouldn't bother because they couldn't figure it out.
So I tell my wife it's failed and she'll have to use the diverter valve manually. Like a knife though my heart she said it's fine. She prefers it to be manual. ?

submitted by /u/android2008
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”