(Request): Genesis Modding Advice

[Released: 1988] The Sega Genesis was Sega's most successful console; though Sega has never released a total sales figure quote. Several add-ons were created including the Sega CD and Sega 32X which extended its capabilities.

/genesis
Corporate

(Request): Genesis Modding Advice

Post by /genesis »

Heya Folks. Over the past couple months I've acquired a Genesis Model 2 along with collecting a small library of games. My Model 2 is one of the models that comes with the sound issues, and I've thought of potentially modding it. I'm fairly inexperienced at soldering and modding like this, however I plan to practice a bit beforehand, but I have a couple questions regarding the mods.
For reference, my Genesis is a Model 2 VA1.8 NTSC
1: What mod should I consider for dealing with the Audio, and where should I try to find the device? Should I consider a triple bypass, or a Mega AMP 2.0, or perhaps something else?
2: How difficult is it typically to perform such mods?
3: Is it worth it to even mod or should I just hunt down a pre-VA7 Model 1 or something for the cost
4: As the Video is less of a concern for me, if for an example I were to buy a Triple Bypass, and wanted to wait to try to work on the Video output, would I be able to just do the Audio and postpone the Video to a later time, or would I have to do everything at once?
Any advice would be much appreciated, and thank you for taking your time to read this.

submitted by /u/Saix856
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Genesis Forum”