Thinking of getting a Genesis, but have some questions regarding compatibility with current TV

[Released: 1988] The Sega Genesis was Sega's most successful console; though Sega has never released a total sales figure quote. Several add-ons were created including the Sega CD and Sega 32X which extended its capabilities.

/genesis
Corporate

Thinking of getting a Genesis, but have some questions regarding compatibility with current TV

Post by /genesis »

So I've been thinking of getting a Sega Genesis (Model 2 MK-1451), however, I do believe that my current TV won't allow me to play it. My question would be what would I need in order to play the Genesis on my current TV. For reference this is the TV: https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions- ... u7100fxza/
I would also like to mention that I have bought a retro console before (N64) and I'm able to play it on this TV by just buying a RetroTink 2X Mini and hooking it up that way. Would I need something similar for the Genesis? Maybe something like the RetroTink 2X SCART? I would appreciate any help/guidance on what I need to play the Genesis.

submitted by /u/MightyDuck07
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Genesis Forum”