What am I not getting about Alisia Dragoon?

[Released: 1988] The Sega Genesis was Sega's most successful console; though Sega has never released a total sales figure quote. Several add-ons were created including the Sega CD and Sega 32X which extended its capabilities.

/genesis
Corporate

What am I not getting about Alisia Dragoon?

Post by /genesis »

I've heard several sources praise it, its been included in collections more often now, and I just don't get it. It does LOOK really pretty, looking at it makes me want to play it.... But I feel like I'm missing something here in the gameplay. Whenever I play I feel like I'm just always inching forward in tiny increments and waiting for my thunder to charge. My pets feel useless and I feel like all I do is protect them they never protect me. It feels like a game that wants to go fast but all its mechanics force me to go slow. The nature of both my offensive arsenal and the enemies means even trying to dodge stuff is rather pointless just inch forward, shoot a charged blast, wait. Inch forward...shoot a charged blast...wait.... Is there something to this I am not seeing or do I just not like this game and should just move on?

submitted by /u/genesisages
[link] [comments]

More...

Return to “Genesis Forum”